In the Bible, God calls Christians the salt of the earth (see Matthew 5:13). He expects us to “season” the lives of those around us. All of life is tasteless without love. Love is the salt, the energy of life, and the reason to get up every morning. Everyone in the world wants to be loved and accepted. And the love of God—that wonderful gift He freely gives us—satisfies that need. His love flows to us, and then it should flow through us to other people.
Each of us can be a container full of blessings. We should want to be the type of people who can pour out God’s love into the lives of those around us. In fact we will find that we will always be happier when we choose to make others happy.
A Few Simple Ways to Make Others Happy
- Show appreciation, publicly
- Offer to babysit for a friend
- Hold the door for someone
- Tutor a child or teenager
- Buy someone a coffee or lunch
- Invite someone over for dinner
- Volunteer in your community
- Compliment someone today